East Bay United Soccer Club works in partnership with club member families. The club functions smoothly with the help and support provided by the volunteers.
As a team, we are constantly dedicated to make our programs accessible and inclusive.
The Volunteering Opportunities are categorized into 4 headers basis time availability. Click on the headers below to explore the roles that fits you best: –
YEAR-ROUND VOLUNTEER ROLES
ROLE: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
TIME: 1 – 5 HOURS PER WEEK
- Serve as a voting member of our Board of Directors
- Provide oversight of our Executive/Leadership Team
- Attend and participate in Monthly General Board Meetings (Virtually every 2nd Monday, 1-2 hours in the evening)
- Serve on at least 1 Board Committee (Committees meet monthly for 30-90 minutes)
- Topic: Finance, Fundraising & Volunteering, Governance, Marketing, etc
- Some Directors also serve as Officers of the Board (Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary) or Chair one of the Board Committees (Finance, Fundraising & Volunteering, Governance, Marketing)
Email us on “email@example.com” if you are interested in serving on the EBUSC Board of Directors.
ROLE: FUNDRAISING & VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE
TIME: 1-5 HOURS PER MONTH
- Join the Fundraising & Volunteer Committee.
- Contribute by sharing good ideas and good energy to help keep the club financially healthy and accessible to all families.
- This committee meets once a month to plan and monitor ongoing fundraising and volunteering efforts.
- Email us on “firstname.lastname@example.org” if you are interested in serving on the EBUSC Volunteer & Fundraising Committee
ROLE: MARKETING COMMITTEE
TIME: 1-5 HOURS PER MONTH
(THIS NEEDS TO COME FROM THE EBU TEAM, IT IS SAME AS THE FUNDRAISING DESCRIPTOR)
ROLE: REFEREE COORDINATOR
TIME: 1-2 HOURS PER WEEK
- Work with Bay Oaks and EBU Rec teams to recruit referees
- Each team is required to provide referees for the league
- Ensure teams and families have information about how to become a referee
- Referee Coordinator is NOT responsible for assigning referees to games—that is handled by Jack London Soccer League for our competitive and recreational home games
- Referee Coordinator is provided with data from the league to track which teams have and have not met their referee requirement.
- Referee Coordinator helps process reimbursement requests from referees for costs of training and uniform.
ROLE: BAY OAKS TEAM MANAGER
TIME: 1 HOUR PER WEEK
- Handle business so that your team’s coach can focus on the soccer!
- Bay Oaks Team Manager roles may vary by team
- Keeping the team binder with player passes and release forms
- Scheduling Games/Requesting game times
- Planning team social events
- Helping families on the team connect with each other
- Recruiting other team parents to help out
- Most of the work is seasonal, but Bay Oaks Team managers help facilitate communication with families during the offseason
- Please let your team’s coach know if you are available and interested in helping out as a Team Manager
SEASONAL VOLUNTEER ROLES
EBU Rec Volunteer Coach EBU Rec U10-U19 ~ 2-5 hours per week during season
EBU Juniors U8 Volunteer Coach ~ 2-4 hours per week during season
EBU Juniors U6 Volunteer Coach ~ 2-3 hours per week during season
EBU Rec Age Group Commissioner ~ 1 hour per week during season
EBU Juniors U6/U8 Age Group Commissioner ~ 1 hour per week during season
EBU Rec Team Manager ~ 1 hour per week during season
EBU Juniors U6/U8 Team Manager ~ 1 hour per week during season
ONE TIME VOLUNTEER ROLES
- Sign up for a 2-4 hours Shift
- Sign up for a 2–4-hour shift
Please email on email@example.com to know more and to signup
- Earn $25+ per game as a Center or Assistant Referee on game day for rec and competitive games (U10-U19)
- Online training provided; cost of training and uniform reimbursed by EBUSC
- Flexible scheduling—referees are NEVER assigned to any game that they did not specifically request
Click here for more info on how to become a referee