The "K League"
Kindergarten U6 3v3 Program
3v3 soccer program for children in Kindergarten
SPRING 2021 SEASON
April 5 - June 12th
Spring Sessions on Saturdays at 12pm at Alameda Point or Raimondi Park (TBD)
FALL 2021 SEASON
September 13 - November 20th, 2021
Fall Sessions on Saturdays @ 12pm at Bushrod Park
(registration for Fall 2021 Season will open in May 2021)
No weekday team practices for U6 Teams. Players who want more soccer/instruction should register for Soccer School!
Game Day Guidelines
BEFORE THE GAME - ALL FAMILIES
- Check Teamsnap to confirm the date, time and location of your next game. If EBU is cancelling a game for any reason, that update will appear on your Teamsnap calendar and you will receive a notification. Please note that during the spring we play most U6/U8 games on turf, and do not anticipate cancelling any games due to rain. Please do not email to ask if there is any chance a game might be cancelled due to rain. We will update the cub website and Teamsnap and communicate with families as soon we have new information.
- Use the “Availability” feature on Teamsnap to RSVP for all of your games at least two weeks in advance.
- Make sure your child has the right equipment & gear for game day
- EBU Juniors Uniform (purchase at Soccer Post)
- Shin guards covered by soccer socks (blue preferred)
- Soccer cleats, turf or indoor shoes (recommended but not required)
- Water bottle filled up with WATER! #DrinkWaterNotSugar
- Review the U6 Spring Season Game Day Guidelines.
- Check for updates about how EBU is responding to the COVID-19 virus to help keep our children and families safe.
- Check Teamsnap to confirm how many players have RSVP’d for your game. Follow up with families as necessary to get an accurate head count.
- Your must bring your goals, balls, cones and bibs to all Saturday games. During the spring you will be using your own cones to outline your field in the designated space at Raimondi. We cannot paint your field lines on the Raimondi turf, but you may use the field markings as guidelines/sidelines along with your cones.
ON GAME DAY - ALL FAMILIES
- Arrive at 15 minutes early, giving yourself time to park, get to your assigned field at Raimondi, and gather with your team’s coaches.
- Double check the Raimondi Field Map to confirm where your field is located.
- Offer to help your team’s lead volunteer in some capacity (be a game monitor, coach/ help with substitutions, set up / clean-up fields, etc)
- Be positive and just cheer—please do not coach or give instructions to children from the sideline! See more info a the Positive Coaching Alliance.
- Minimize contact that can spread germs—for now, no hi-fives or handshakes, etc
- Have fun!
AFTER THE GAME
- Give positive feedback to your children!
- Thank the parent volunteers and children and families from both teams!
- Help your team pack up and carry equipment (goals, cones, bigs, balls).
- Check in with your coach by email after the game with any questions or concerns that you have. Sometimes a meeting at the field is not the best or most convenient time to talk through concerns.
- Wash/sanitize your hands!
- Email with any additional questions or concerns that your team’s coaches/volunteers cannot answer. Please take a minute to visit the club website to answer your question before sending an email—it may be a faster way to get your answer!
Your child should wear/bring the following to every practice and game:
soccer socks (worn over the shin guards)
cleats (grass or turf cleats OK, NO football or baseball cleats)
water bottle with water (no sugary drinks please!)
- Children playing in the U6/U8 Leagues can purchase their EBU uniform at Soccer Post at South Shore in Alameda.
- Soccer School participants will receive a t-shirt at their first session.